So, a few weeks before the big day, I visited Rent The Runway and selected my dress and another as a backup, just in case. They were scheduled to arrive on Friday before the event on Saturday. Typically, they recommend giving 2 days before your event, but my dress wasn't available until Friday, so I took the risk. I was travelling for work that week and got home on Friday at 7:45. The weather was really bad with ice and snow all over the roads. When I arrived home, I saw a sticker on my door saying that UPS had just been there at 7:15 and wasn't going to attempt delivery again until MONDAY. I first FREAKED OUT but then realized there has to be some sort of solution, so I UPS. They basically told me sorry, but there was nothign they could do because the UPS facility where my box would be taken back to was closed until Monday. She said she didn't have their phone number to call them so she had to use their special internal messaging system to ask the facility to call me if they were still there by chance. I figured there was no change that it was going to work and started crying, but lo and behold, they did call and the guy was like you need to get here in 30 minutes to get your packages. In the snow. 20 minutes away. I risked life and limb and hugged a UPS man to get my dress. That is dedication.
So, I got the dresses. That was the first challenge. The second was deciding which one to wear. I chose these two:
I really wanted to wear the red one, but he black one felt more "safe. When I tried them on, the red one fit a little better, despite being really long, so I decided to go for it! I even posted on the Partners Club page to see if anyone else would like to borrow the black one and found a taker! Here are Kendra and I in the dresses!
We look exactly like the picture, right??
That day, my friends Tara and Lydia and I also went to Sephora and had our makeup especially done. It was so fun! Felt like real prom!
So the event itself was an absolute BLAST! We rented a hotel room at the Westin Book Cadillac in downtown detroit, which we got a great rate on thanks to our friend Kayla who works there (below, second from left). Thanks, Kayla! And thanks to Deloitte and Taylor's special Starwood status, we got upgraded to a nice suite too!
Before Prom, we had some dinner and drinks in the hotel and then headed over to the venue for a night of catching up with friends and dancing :) It went by way too fast!
Here are some more photos from the event:
Great shot taken by the event photographer.
Step and Repeat
And here's the review I posed on Rent The Runway. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment