For my new blog title, I've decided to keep with the theme and go with another song by one of my favorite bands, Fountains of Wayne.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Hittin' the links!
I swear...this blog has a 7-day delay..my apologies! Last Saturday, I had my first experience golfing! For the past few months, Taylor and I have been taking many trips to the driving range near his house, and I am actually starting to get the hang of it (read: I hit the ball 90% of the time and sometimes it even goes straight!). So, I decided to try to take my driving range and mini golf skills out on an actual course. I should caveat the phrase "actual course" because the course chose was actually a "pitch-and-putt" course, which means that each hole is a par 3 of about 40-80 yards. You're only supposed to use a 9-iron, a pitching wedge, and a putter for the whole course. Taylor and I were paired with an older man named Rich for the course. Rich was better than either of us, but we had a great time playing with him. He actually decided that I am a "natural" because I did have a few good hits. He recommended that I take golf lessons to hone my skills before I get too far along in my golfing career. We'll see if that happens, but we did have a great time and I would definitely go back! Well, I'm home this weekend in Ohio, so I will definitely keep you up to date on my adventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment