Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ahhh...the people of New York City

New York has some interesting characters....

Take for example the lady on the subway today who was describing how her cats can tell time (she was sure because they always seemed to hide around the time that she told her friend she was going to take them to the vet).

Or...the man at the bar the other night who sat next to my friend Kiernan and I and drew pictures of us as crocodiles on bar napkins and gave them to us. I keep meaning to scan my picture of myself as a croc, but I haven't had time! And, it turns out that this particular New York crazy (who looked like an older version of Adam Sandler and was very socially awkward) is actually a fairly well-known artist. I checked out the website he wrote on the napkin to see that he actually sells paintings of crocodiles for up to $2,500 each and paints crocodiles exclusively. I actually found the reasons for Robert S. Greenberg's crocodiles quite interesting:

Click here to read it: Why Crocodiles?

He invited me to go to a gallery opening in a few weeks, and even though he appears to be a real, talented artist, I'll probably skip it. Still, NYC does have some interesting characters!

No comments: