Friday, January 25, 2008

SORRY!

Ok, so I know it's been forever, but I blame blogger. The "Sign-in" link from my blog hasn't been working and I just finally took the time to navigate through the back end so I can sign-in and make a post.

And I know I totally owe you a story about the boy who tried to pick me up on the street 2 weeks ago, which - as irony would have it - was 5 years to the day from the last time I could remember being picked up.

Basically I was walking back to my building (this is when I still worked in Manhattan) from a meeting in another building. On my way in to Starbucks this guy starts calling me. He was pretty clean cut and not too sketchy looking, so I stopped, assuming that he wanted to ask me for directions (the financial district, unlike the rest of Manhattan, is pretty confusing, so asking for directions is acceptable). Well, i quickly figured out that he was actually trying to pick me up. The course of our conversation has two distinct segments: 1) the part where he told me a fake story and 2) the part where he engages me in conversation and makes "the ask."

To Summarize:

1) the part where he told me a fake story
  • He needs help, his friend in Australia is having a problem and he needs a woman's opinion
  • His friend is about to get engaged and they are about to take engagement photos..
  • His friend's almost Fiance is a model who recently took a trip tot he Bahamas.
  • While in the Bahamas and applying sunscreen, his friend's fiance got a phone call and forgot to finish applying sunscreen.
  • Now she has red spots all over her body (they call her pizza face) and his friend isn't sure if he should cancel the pictures...
2) the part where he engages me in conversation and makes "the ask"
  • I learned many things about my would-be suitor including:
    • his first name is Nitin (which, gasp, is a palindrome)
    • he speaks French (which he proceeded to demonstrate for me even though I don't understand French)
    • he had ordered a breakfast sandwich and wanted me to talk to him while he waited
    • he went to Wharton business school at the University of Pennsylvania
    • he was captain of his soccer team
I'm sorry, I've waited so long to write this that I can't remember more. Hopefully I will soon!

No comments: