Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hello there! It's CHRISTMAS!! I just wanted to post a Merry Christmas blog to all my friends and family who read this. I am still home in Ohio celebrating with family. It feels like I've celebrated Christmas about 8 times this year because we have so many family and friends!

The past week has been pretty fun. Last Friday we had a Christmas party with my parents' small group from church. I went along and participated in some lively conversation and the white elephant gift exchange. It was a good time.

Last weekend I can honestly say I don't remember a single thing I did! Oops! This week was fun though. On Monday I went up to Ann Arbor with my little sister to stay the night and hang out with her on Tuesday. Monday night, I dropped her off at class and proceeded to sit in traffic for about 2 hours trying to get to her apartment. Ann Arbor Michigan has THE WORST traffic ever! It didn't help that it was snowing and there was too much traffic to clear the roads, but STILL.

I picked Taryn up from work at 10pm and we watched some friends before we went to bed. On Tuesday we got up and took our time before we headed out to do some shopping. I was in search of some shoes for my trip to Indonesia. I needed a pair of black closed-toe flats and then a pair of flip-flops. Well, I didn't have too much trouble with the flats, but seeing as it was snowing buckets on Tuesday, I had a bit of a tough time finding a store that was carrying flip flops (don't they realize that people go on Vacation!) . Luckily, I remembered a fantastic web site called www.endless.com. It's a shoe and handbag store that offers free, overnight shipping on everything if you order by 5:15pm PST. So...on Tuesday night at 8pm, I ordered a pair of Havaiana sandals and they arrived Wednesday by 5pm. Pretty amazing and it only cost me $20! They're really nice flip flops, i swear :)

Yesterday (Wednesday), we went to my Aunt Shari and Uncle Jeff's house to see all the Lucyks (except the ones who live in Whyoming). We had a great time and I got some fun gifts. I got wine glasses for when Taylor and I have a place and two bottles of my favorite red wine from Northern Michigan. I also got a jewelry box, which is nice since I've been using a tupperware to organize my jewelry since high school!

So here I sit after Christmas morning celebrating with family :) I will be posting this weekend with a sneak preview of my trip to Indonesia! I can't wait to go. I leave on Tuesday so don't worry, you'll hear all about our plans before I leave!

No comments: