Well hello there, blog readers :)
Ok, first, can I just take a second to say how weird the new Geico commercials are? A pile of money with pouty eyes? I don't get it.
Anyway, you may know, I (with the help of Taylor, my mom, and various other people) am in the middle of planning a wedding this fall. I'm really excited, but since we've had a really long time, it feels like I've just been waiting to do a lot of things. So far we've reserved the reception and ceremony sites, picked out bridesmaid dresses, and bought my dress. I'm holding off on some other things, but the one I've been most excited about is my dress! The dress has been hanging in my closet for 2 months, and yesterday I FINALLY had the first appointment with the woman who will be doing my alterations.
It probably still seems a little early to be meeting with the seamstress with the wedding 8 months away, but since I'm living in Ohio until June, we decided to get it done before I leave the area. It's much cheaper to have things done here than in another city we might move to. And I'm not just having the dress fitted. I bought a dress from Davids Bridal that is very pretty (wish I could post pictures, but I can't on the off chance that Taylor reads this, which is unlikely, hehe), but I want to make some changes including adding some beading and buttons. We had so much fun with Jane (the seamstress) at her shop. She really liked the dress that I picked and said that it was pretty good quality for Davids (yay!). She also liked my ideas of ways to change it and is going to be ordering some ribbon and button samples in the next few weeks before we go back for our second appointment on June 5. Oh, and she also gave me strict instructions not to lose any weight in my mid-section, which is nice, haha. I still want to work on my arms since the dress is strapless (Taylor knows that), but I guess I can give up my dream of being featured on my favorite Canadian reality show, Bulging Brides. Bummer!
And the dress isn't the only progress we made yesterday! So, Jane gave both my mom and I strict instructions to come back with the shoes we'll be wearing for the wedding for our next appointment (my mom is bringing her dress too). That means 3 weeks. I hadn't really thought about shoes at all because I don't think they show that much. And I wasn't really wanting to spend a fortune on them. So after we left the appointment, we decided to stop in this one random store near our house called Shoe Department. I'd been in there and really didn't think that they would have bridal shoes. We looked through all the dress shoes and didn't really see anything but then I noticed the clearance section. Wouldn't you know they had a pair of ivory pumps that perfectly match the texture of my dress, had great padding on the bottom, were my size (they only had 2 pairs!) and were half off....of $10. That's right, I got my perfect shoes for my wedding (I didn't even know that was possible since I wasn't really interested in wedding shoes) for $5!! CRAZY! And it's nice to have that out of the way (even though I actually NEED things to do...I get pretty bored around my house!). So, there you have it. Progress toward matrimony, achieved!
No comments:
Post a Comment