I spent the entire day yesterday with a new blog up on my screen thinking about how I should start typing, but it just never happened. I had a TOTAL case of the Mondays, probably because I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to Taylor for the week :( I'm so sick of being separated and cannot wait until we are in the same place for more than an evening a week (or a few weeks a year, for that matter).
Anyway, I wanted to give a nice update on our weekend for anyone who is interested :) So Taylor got back last Tuesday and of course I was there to pick him up with his parents. We hung out Tuesday night and then I headed to work on Wednesday. He had an interview on Wednesday at 2pm (talk about getting back in the swing!), so he came in a little before lunchtime and we ate together and talked about the job and the interview so he could be prepared.
Then, he went to his interview and I didn't see him again until Friday after work (I know, I know, I'm whining, but it stinks!).
Friday night we just hung out at Taylor's house. We watched TV and chatted with his parents. He was still really tired from the time change, so it was pretty low-key. On Saturday, we ran a bunch of errands. We went to Target and bought some of the things off of our registry that we want to make sure we have when we move into an apartment in July.
Then we went to Verizon and Taylor joined the 21st century and got a BlackBerry! I think it's quite an adjustment for him, going from no cell service in the mountains of Indonesia to full blackberry service in New York City. I'm trying to be gentle and not e-mail/text him every second, but I think I'm failing :)
After all of our shopping adventures, Taylor and I went out to dinner and then went out with Taylor's friend Stephen. Stephen had gone to Indonesia to visit Taylor at the end of the trip, but they hadn't seen each other since Taylor was held in Indonesia. By the way, a little note on that. I think we might be making some progress on the baggage situation. One of Taylor's suitcases did not make it back with him because it got stuck with Air Asia. The hook here is that Air Asia was not connected in any way to Taylor's flight back to the US from Singapore, and they don't fly here, so there's really no way to get his bag here. They sent the bag to their central office in Jakarta and my dad actually knows someone in shipping in Jakarta so hopefully we can get it here!
Anyway....we went out with Stephen to a couple of bars in the illustrious Bergen County area. Taylor has a pretty low tolerance after 10 months in a Muslim nation, so needless to say it was pretty funny. We came home around 2. Taylor passed out on the couch until 6am and I went to bed :)
Sunday was spent mostly chilling around Taylor's house and doing some paperwork stuff for my benefits at work. We also looked on Craigslist at apartments and have appointments to look at a couple of them this Thursday. If those don't fly, we are planning on looking at apartments all day Saturday as well. Hopefully by this time next week, we'll have a place to live!!! :)
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment