Wednesday, 10/21
- Picking up my great friend Kim from Newark Airport. She flew in from Australia for the big event!
- Going to the flower district in Manhattan with my mom to buy flowers for the wedding. Little did I know, you're supposed to have a reseller's license to buy there, so we got turned away from a bunch of places! Luckily, there were a few less-reputable places that were willing to take cash and sell blooms to us under the table. They turned out pretty well, I have to say:

- Getting manicure/pedicures with Kim
- Welcoming the Lucyk family to NYC and seeing the very nice 5 bedroom apartment that they rented. I especially liked how they turned Gael Pub, a bar on their block that I've been to on several other occasions, into their own little Cheers. We went there after the wedding and the bartender and owner were dying to meet us and tell us how cool my family is!
- Going out for my "bachelorette party" at Blockheads Burritos and then a couple of other bars.
- My hairdresser (friend Carole), makeup artist (Brittany), and photographer (Kim) all graciously agreed to help me get beautiful for photos on Friday because the forecast for Saturday was rain, rain, rain.
- Getting all dressed up in my dress and everything for pictures around New York City. Taylor and I had the big "reveal" moment on 5th Avenue and then my dad drove us and our photographers all over Manhattan for photos! Here are a couple favorites:
The Vanderbilt Gate, which used to be outside the Vanderbilt Mansion. It is now the entrance to the Garden where we got married.
In front of the Sprint store in the Flatiron building
On the High Line, this really great elevated roadway in Manhattan that is now a park.
Kim, our photographer, really liked this one. I think it really speaks to our relationship.
- We finished with pictures in the Garden about 5 minutes before the rehearsal was supposed to start. Clearly I didn't want to do the rehearsal in our wedding clothes, so we had to RUSH back and get changed in about 15 minutes. Luckily, everyone was very patient and the rehearsal went off without a hitch :)
- We had a welcome dinner with all of our family at Puglia in Little Italy. It was delicious and SUCH a good time! Here are a couple shots:
The family
The husband with my mom and grandma, so cute!

Stay tuned for more highlights from Saturday!
3 comments:
What a beautiful wedding and weekend and family time this was!Everything went beautifully, even the rain..................means good luck!
Carissa,
Congrats on the wedding, Ithe pictures are incredibly and you are a beautiful bride. I remember how much stress you went through last year with work, Singapore, etc, so I'm happy everything has turned out well.
Also, I'm 99% sure i saw you towards the end of the marathon. Thank you so much for coming out and cheering. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I didnt run the whole thing, I was just helping out a friend for the last 6 miles.
Post a Comment