Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trains, Trams, Planes, Airports, Cabs and Motorcycles!

Today, Taylor and I leave for a 2-week trip to Indonesia and Australia! There will be MANY, MANY hours/modes of transportation before we reach our final destination just as you are waking up on Saturday, but it will be worth it in the end!

Here's a brief itinerary for our trip!

We leave JFK airport tonight at 10:40pm and fly through Vancouver, Hong Kong, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia before arriving in Surabaya Indonesia Saturday night.

Saturday - Wednesday we will be in Indonesia, spending most (if not all) of our time in the village that Taylor lived in when he was on the Fulbright. The school he worked at actually scheduled their graduation ceremony around our travel schedule, which just shows what a big deal it is that we are going to visit. Taylor is a celebrity there :) The photo at the top of this blog is of me drinking the world's most delicious coffee in Taylor's village. That's one stop I will DEFINITELY be making while we're there!

After a few days spend relaxing, eating DELICIOUS but terrible-for-you food, and visiting with Indonesians, we will head back to Kuala Lumpur to catch a flight to Melbourne, Australia. Our good friends Kim and Will live there and we will be spending 9 days in Australia with them.

We arrive in Melbourne Thursday morning and on Friday morning we leave to go to Sydney for the weekend. We don't have any firm plans in Sydney but will definitely be hitting up some popular stops. On Sunday, we're going to an Australian Rules Football Game, which I'm really excited about because I have no idea what that is!

When we get back to Melbourne on Monday, June 7, Taylor and I have rented a car and are going to drive the Great Ocean Road for an entire day. I'll be honest, I don't even know what exactly the Great Ocean Road is, but it sounds promising.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, Kim and Will are taking the day off of work and we are all driving to a place called Mornington Peninsula. We will be staying at a quaint little cottage at Somerset View. Mornington Peninsula is a wine region so we will hopefully be drinking lots of wine and having a grand time :)

We don't have any real plans for Thursday and Friday, but will probably just tour around Melbourne before catching our flight back to New York at 11pm Friday night.

We arrive back in New York Saturday afternoon so that gives us a day to recover from our jet lag!

Sampai Nanti Semua! (See you later everyone)!

No comments: