Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation Recap, Part 3

Whew, this is a marathon, not a sprint, that's for sure! :)

So last time, I wrapped up after telling you all about our weekend in Sydney. After Sydney, we headed back to Melbourne for more Australian adventures. On Monday, Kim and Will had to work, so Taylor and I picked up a rental car and hit the (left side of) the open road! Here we are with our rental car, which we nicknamed "Yarra."

That's Taylor driving on the left. Notice his awesome $2 Aussie Socceroos scarf!


We hit the road and I could tell you all about it, but the photos really speak for themselves. Basically, we spent the entire day driving away from Melbourne, culminating in views of the beautiful Apostle Islands. Then, we headed back on an inland highway.

Taylor was so happy to see the beach!

A beautiful little lagoon

This plant is appropriately called "Neptune's necklace"


The beautiful coastline and a lighthouse from the distance.


Standing by said lighthoue. My mom says this photo looks like it could have been taken in Michigan, I kinda agree!


We took this of ourselves with the camera timer, not bad!


Beautiful view of the Apostle Islands. They were formed when the waves eroded all of the coastline except these rocks because they were made of a more durable mineral.


Another view of the islands.

Aaaaand I'm tired! :) More to come!

No comments: