Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Today's post is not a 30 Before 30 (even though it should be, time is running out!  I have 9 months left!!).  It's a post-because-I-am-lame-and-haven't-blogged-in-a-month post.

So my parents moved to Arizona back in September, and since they were already out west, our whole family including aunts, uncles and cousins decided to make the trip out to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Riverton, Wyoming for the holiday.  All told there are 19 of us here for dinner tonight, and it's already been quite an adventure!

The first crew to arrive came in last Saturday, 5 days before Thanksgiving.  Then some more of them, including my brother, traveled out on Sunday.  The rest of us (my mom and dad, Taryn and Taylor) got here last night after all flying into Denver and driving the 5 hours to Riverton.  Before we got here, the rest of them went to Jackson Hole for a night.  I went to Jackson back when I was 11 years old, and it is such a beautiful place, I'm so jealous!  I'm also jealous because they decided to do old timey photos and we missed out.  But they are SO good, how can we be mad?




The cutest child in the world, my cousins' son Zane, who is almost 11 months old and too adorable for words.

My Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Geoff built their dream home a couple of years ago and it is just amazing!  The house faces snow-capped mountains and has the million dollar view through picture windows that flank a 15-foot stone fireplace.



They also have more toys and things to do than, well, than we know what to do with!

You name it: a huge John Deere tractor
 a new Shelby mustang,

a monster truck,

dogs,
 horses,
 and a Ranger side-by-side four-by-four. Taylor wants one for Christmas now.

 And that's just the outside!

They also have a large pole barn that they lived in when they were building their house.  It's completely insulated and has a huge camper inside it.  Taylor and I are sleeping on a bed in the middle of the barn, and not 8 feet away is the area where they store their...um...pets.  Case in point:


Today is Thanksgiving and I have spent most of the day in front of the TV watching the Lions try (and fail) to take down the 9-1 Houston Texans and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Meanwhile, Taylor has been dutifully hanging with his brother in law, father in law, and uncles in law, doing manly, Lucyk-style thing like moving a propane tank and setting up a deer hunting blind.  I haven't seen him all day!


Now we're about to eat dinner and (hopefully) remember all we have to be thankful for.  Like family, the beauty of nature, and fun times.

Here's to the same for you and yours!!


No comments: