
Last night was a very sad night. Taylor's dog, Morgan, died at 8pm in his crate. He had been sick for a little over a month, but still, the loss is hard. However, we take comfort that he never seemed to be in any pain, and when the time came, he went to his crate (the equivalent of his bedroom), laid down just like he always did for a nap, and quietly stopped breathing. Taylor and I made it home just after it happened, and watching Taylor say goodbye was one of the hardest things I've had to do in a while.
Luckily, the Smith family has many years of happy memories to look back on, and we know Morgan lived a good life. He was loved more than any dog I think I've ever known, and that makes it so much easier to say goodbye. Thanks for the good times, Morgie.
3 comments:
I loved Morgan. He was such a great dog and I agree with Taylor: that had he had opposable thumbs, he would have been running the Smith household. Rest in peace, Morgan Smith.
Anyone who has ever had a pet to love knows how hard it is to say goodbye.Our heart goes out to Taylor, we are so sorry.
love,
Your Wyoming Family
We are thinking of you all!!
At least Morgan didn't "suffer." Our prayers are with you
God Bless You
Shari (Mom)
Post a Comment