Over the course of the next 6 months, I will spend most of my time on this blog chronicling my experience with Team In Training and sharing my grandma's story and the stories of those like her who, unlike me, have no choice but to run a marathon against cancer.
The basic gist is that I will be training for 5 months to run 26.2 miles in Nashville on April 28th, 2007. At the same time, I will be raising $4,000 to support the research and patient aid programs of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The research that I will be supporting is responsible for improving the quality of life of sufferers of Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's Disease, Myeloma, and many other related cancers. I am so proud to be involved with Team In Training, and I hope that over the next six months, you too will feel a connection to this cause. I will give you plenty of opportunities to support me, don't you worry. For now, let's just celebrate the fact that I'M GOING TO RUN A MARATHON!!!
1 comment:
I look forward to hearing about your training!! YOU GO GIRL!! I will be here to cheer you on and offer encouragement when you need it. Hopefully I will be able to join you in Nashville to cheer you on too. We will see.
God Bless You
Mom
Post a Comment