Tuesday, March 27, 2007

2 Half Marathons Down, 1 Full Marathon (and $703) to Go!!!

This past Sunday, I ran my second half marathon. It was a beautiful day and I still had some friends in town for the basketball games, so I had lots of people to meet me at the finish line and celebrate.

Immediately following the race, I called my mom to look up my results online (they have these nifty devices that you put on your shoe and they time you crossing the start and finish lines to the second and then feed it directly to a website resport). Unfortunately, she was unable to find them. I also had no luck finding my results all day on Sunday.

Finally, after 24-hours of un-posted obscurity, my time for the More Magazine Half Marathon surfaced yesterday.

And I must say, I am very proud of the results!!

1:55:48

I managed to shave 2+ minutes off my previous time, despite a hillier course and higher temperatures (I've never been very good at running in warm weather). My average pace per mile for the race was 8 minutes and 50 seconds, so I am very pleased :-) Here's a picture of Erica and I at the finish line!



So that's 1 bit of exciting news! The other bit is this:


I have raised my fundraising goal from $4,000 to $5,000 by April 28th, 2007!!!!

That's right, things have been going SO well that I can't imagine stopping now. I want everyone to have the chance to donate, so I have raised my goal!

I sent another appeal out on Sunday and so far no one has responded. My hope is that some of you will arrive hear to read about my journey and will decide to click "Donate Securely Now" and donate, even $10 to the cause!!! Every little bit helps. In fact, now that I have surpassed my "minimum" amount raised, 100% of anything I raise goes DIRECTLY to the mission of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! So don't think that just because I'm there I don't need you. I need you more than ever!!!

Ok, well I must go, but please leave some encouragement, I could definitely use it as the race approaches!!!

No comments: