WHEW! Today was the longest run ever by 2 full miles!! That's right, we ran over 18 miles on this beautiful morning. And it WAS a beautiful morning, if you don't count the fact that we got 4 inches of sleet yesterday and ran on slush for most of our run. In fact, as I type this, I can hear some poor stranded sould sprinning his tires trying to get out of a snowed-in parking spot. Lovely.
So today we ran three full loops of Central Park. With each loop just over 6 miles, this was one heck of a run!!! Kiernan, Erica and I ran together and actually managed to make the time go by by talking about pretty much anything we could think of. I must admit, the first loop was a little depressing, just becaues you realize that you still have 2 more after that!! However, as we pressed on, it became gradually less depressing and even a little exciting. I mean, we nor realize that WE CAN DO IT!!! We CAN run 26.2 miles on April 28th!!!
Notice all the "we's". I must say, being a part of Team In Training has been an amazing experience in building friendships through adversity. I have loved every minute I've gotten to spend out on the trails, in the bar, or writing e-mails with my new friends. Team In Training just attracts the BEST people!!!!!!
Well, unfortunately, I must make this short. I'm off to meet my teammates for some St. Patrick's day festivities. I'm ashamed that I just pulled out my 1 green T-shirt and realized that not only has it not been worn or washed since last March 17th, but it is still inside-out which is what I did to hide the lettering last year at the Tin Roof. Good times!!!
Please leave a comment. Oh, and did you forget that I'm fundraising? Still got $103 to go, so please click to the right and give a little!!!
2 comments:
Carissa,
I would like to send some of my beautiful weather for you to run in. It was 73 degrees and sunny in Wyoming. Keep up the great work!!!
love,
Aunt Sheryl & Uncle Geoff
Once again....WOW!!!
You are almost there...18 miles is a long way...I think that is to Bowling Green and back. Imagine that!!?!
Keep up the great work!!
We love you
Mom, Dad, Taryn and Garett
Post a Comment