Sunday, September 16, 2007

Goodbye 106, hello 81

A couple of weeks ago, I moved to a new apartment. I am ashamed that not only have I not posted about my new place, but my room is not set up enough for me to even provide good photos. I keep meaning to get everything in its proper place, but somehow I never find the time! Regardless, I figured I should post this update before it gets ridiculous.

Well fo start out, here are some comparative stats:

Old Rent: $800/month + utilities New Rent: $1,200/month flat rate
Old Street: West 106th St. New Street: West 81st St.
Old distance from Central Park: .13 miles
New distance from Central Park:
.09 miles
Old Entrance:
New Entrance*:* Image is a slight embellishment. I do have a doorman, but I do not have a photo of him :-)

Essentially, I have relocated from the Morningside Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, which is nice and affordable, but not altogether fancy neighborhood to the Upper West Side proper. My new apartment is much nicer than the old one. For one, it overlooks the Museum of Natural History. So basically I'm spoiled because that means I walk out of my apartment building and instead of seeing more apartments on the other side, I see the Hayden Planetarium and general foliage.

Another cool thing about my new apartment is that I live right around the corner from the Beresford. Famous residents (from what I've heard) include: John McEnroe, Glenn Close, and Jerry Seinfeld. I haven't seen any of these people yet, but it's pretty cool!

I share my new apartment with my roommate Melaney, who has lived there for 17 years. She has two children who are grown, so I rent my room from her. The room is MUCH bigger than my old one!! I also have my own bathroom and then we share a large living room and kitchen. We even have a dishwasher and laundry in the basement!!

Here's a picture of my old room, which was pretty much entirely taken up by the bed:
And here's my new room, which actually holds two beds, my queen (straight ahead) and a twin bed (to the right, purple sheets):I promise to put a new picture up once I get the room settled. I bought a new printer, so I need to hook that up, finish putting everything away, and I should be all set.

All in all I am very happy in my new place. And the last good thing about it is I have plenty of room for visitors, so please feel free to come visit!!!

3 comments:

Atletismo343 said...

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to come visit. Thanks for keeping us up to date!! We love YOU!!

Anonymous said...

aww yay love the new place. its so nice. i missss you...and new york for that matter. i got my subway stance down! haha