Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm running the New York City MARATHON!!!!

That's right, it's official. As of today, I have qualified to be a participant in the ING New York City Marathon on November 2, 2008. That's just 53 short weeks away, so I guess I should get crackin'!

The reason that today is a big deal is because I ran a race this morning in Central Park that will Qualify me for the 2008 NYC Marathon. New York Road Runners, the organization that owns the marathon, has a system in place where if you join the organization and run 9 qualifying races in one calendar year, you automatically qualify to run the NYC marathon in the next calendar year. And since the race is in November, that means that it's a long wait! Today I ran my ninth race in the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff Race, which I think is fitting!

For those who are curious about my races this year, here they are:


Race Name, Date

Dist.
(miles)

Net
Time

Pace
per Mile
NYRR Team Champs - Women
August 18, 2007
5.0 40:49 8:09
NYC Half-Marathon
August 5, 2007
13.1 1:58:33 9:02
AHA Start! Wall Street Run
May 22, 2007
3.0 26:31 8:50
Healthy Kidney 10K
May 19, 2007
6.2 54:11 8:44
NYJL Mother's Day 10M
May 13, 2007
10.0 1:31:47 9:10
NYRR Brooklyn Half-Marathon
April 14, 2007
13.1 1:55:53 8:50
More Two-Person Half-Marathon
March 25, 2007
13.1 1:55:48 8:50
NYRR Bronx Half-Marathon
February 11, 2007
13.1 1:57:54 9:00

Yay!! Looking forward to chronicling my adventures training for this event next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good job! Where did you get your love for running from? I am happy to run errands..can't imagine running miles!! Love YOU!!