New York is a funny place. Things happen here that just simply wouldn’t happen anywhere else (or to anyone else for that matter!). Take for example yesterday morning at 5am. I have been meeting my roommate Susie to run a couple of days a week recently. We typically meet at 6am at either 96th or 90th and Central Park West. So, in order to have energy to run, I have been getting up at 5am to eat a small meal, then going back to bed until 5:45. Lately, my breakfast of choice has been a small box of raisins.
Ok, so you can’t judge me on this.
On Friday morning, I had to go to the bathroom and I decided that in order to minimize the time I had to be awake at 5am, I would eat my raisins WHILE using the bathroom. So as I am eating my raisins and…you know…and I realize (in the dark) that I had dropped 2 of the raisins. My roommate has told me that we need to be careful about leaving food around because rodents and animals from the park tend to find their way to the apartment buildings. So after I finished eating and going to the bathroom, I turned on the light to look for the raisins I had dropped. I spotted one of them and threw it in the trash. Then, I spotted the other, but as I bent over in my 5am haze and reached it over to pick it up, I realized that it was actually a raisin-sized COCKROACH!!! (highlight if you can't see the word there). Obviously I SCREAMED as loud as I could and completely scared my roommate.
I mean what are the chances that right where I thought I dropped a raisin I find a cockroach? It’s just so unlikely. The good news is that I had no trouble waking up for my run after a scare like that!!
2 comments:
Thank goodness...........No cockroaches in Wyoming!!!!!!!!!
OH NO!!! Do you have Roach Motels in NYC...you better buy some!!
Post a Comment