Alright, I know it's been a really long time since I've been on here. I apologize. In a way, a lot has happened in the last two weeks...In other ways, not so much. I'll start at the beginning.
Two weeks ago I was in the midst of thinking about moving in the next month. Things with my roommate had been kind of iffy and my friend Jenn hooked me up with her friends who needed a roommate. Well things were going really well and they seemed interested in having me move in on May 1st until BAM! the chick calls me out of the blue and says, actually, their friend wants to do in so I'm s&%$ out of luck. UGH....of course that came AFTER I told my roommate that I was moving out.
Well, don't you know that God always has a plan? While running with my friend Kiernan last week, she mentioned that her roommate is actually moving out June 1. I was back to the drawing board looking for somewhere to live May 1, so at first this didn't look like quite what I needed. Until....last night. My roommate told me last night that something fell through with painting our apartment in May and it would actually be great if I could stay through the end of May or June. AND, she agreed to compromise on some of the key things that we were having an issue about if I would be willing to stay! So...I am all set to stay in my current (amazing) apartment until June 1 and then I'm moving in with my friend Kiernan until October 1. And THEN...who knows!
I don't know if I mentioned on here, but Taylor applied for the Fulbright scholarship in Indonesia and is currently waiting for their final round decision. If he gets it (and I think he will), he will be in Indonesia for nine months starting in August. Currently, I'm planning to possible move back closer to home in November, after the New York City Marathon if he does. It would just be nice to be near my family when he's gone. Also, my little sis will be in beauty school so maybe we could live together, we'll see!
Ok what else...Well, I found out that I officially got selected to be a mentor for the New York City Marathon with Team In Training. I'm so excited to do this again!!!!! I will start getting little mentees assigned to me all next month and we'll start training for the big event in May! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear about this ad nauseum, so I'll spare you now.
What else....well last weekend I went home with Taylor to see my family. Despite our flight getting canceled on Thursday night and having to catch a 6am flight out of Newark on Friday morning, we had a great time! I got to hang out with my family and meet my friend Amber's fiance, which was good since I'm in the wedding! I'm sad that Taryn was out of town for Spring Break (getting a second tattoo, AHEM!), but it was still a great time. Easter Sunday at Oak Bend Church was fantastic.
Well, unfortunately, I must get to bed. I promise more updates and more pictures soon.
2 comments:
Carissa,
When will you know if Taylor got the scholarship?
A. Sheryl
Haha I told dad...he freaked. But I love you!!
Post a Comment