Thursday, April 17, 2008

Don't drink and....Sleep?

I'm a little embarrassed to share this story, but it is almost too funny for me to keep in, so here goes.

My friends from work and I have developed a little habit of going to a local cantina (read: High class Mexican restaurant) called Dos Caminos about once a week for the $11 margaritas and $24 guacamole. Before you gasp let me just say the margaritas are strong and DEFINITELY more worth the money than those $6 ones at Chili's. And as for the guacamole...it's just delicious, so $24 for 4 people is ok with me.

Anyway, last night we went to Dos Caminos and I had three margaritas. Which is a lot. Despite being pretty tipsy I did get home fairly early and have a nice conversation with both my mom and Taylor before falling asleep around 10pm. And here's where it gets interesting...

So, I woke up at about 4am and was really thirsty. I reached for the water bottle that I keep on the nightstand beside my bed. I took off the lid and began trying to drink the water. Any by that I mean I was sucking REALLY HARD because nothing was coming out. "Strange," thought my slightly drunk and half-asleep self. Well, finally after a while, something came out.....yes, something. This something was sort of gooey and not at all the consistency that water is supposed to have. It was more like pudding... Somewhere in my brain I rationalized that maybe something was wrong with the bottle and the water had gotten thick...yeah i know, real logical.

So, what do you think I did after swallowing the pudding-water (which tasted like pretty much nothing, by the way)? That's right, I took one more big swig just to be sure it wasn't h2O. Nope...definitely not water. At this point I finally am conscious enough to realize something is very wrong, so I run to the sink in the kitchen and get a big glass of ACTUAL water. I returned to my room to figure out WHAT I was drinking. And you will never guess what it was.

Suave Advanced Healing Lotion. Seriously. I was drinking lotion in my sleep. I really dare you to try to top that because I don't think I could if I tried. YUCK! And you guessed it, when I removed the "cap" from the water I had in fact popped off the piece of plastic out of which the lotion actually squirts (it was laying pathetically next to my pillow when I woke up - with a stomach ache of course!). And there was my headless little bottle of lotion. I seriously can't look at my lotion without gagging. Ugh....

So I will end this post the same way I started it. With some very very wise words. Don't drink and sleep....lest you become like me. Hey, look on the bright side, my esophagus is very smooth.

5 comments:

Atletismo343 said...

That .. is .. hilarious.

One time when I was a little kid I was eating Doritos and drawing with crayons. At one point I reached for another chip and starting crunching on it, only to realize it was actually a crayon. Ew.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! Funny, funny, funny!!!!
Does this mean that you didn't really mean anything that you said to me last night??!! I'll just pretend that you did mean everything!!
I love you Carissa...Mom

noush said...

Lotion drinker!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha you sicko. And you guys thought I did weird stuff in my sleep...like sleeping in your closet. Love You!

T

Anonymous said...

Don't tell anyone this kind of stuff, I tell everyone we have a normal family! HA-HA