Friday, September 26, 2008

Coming to you from the Midwest!

Hello friends! Again, I owe an apology for the delay. It has been quite an eventful time since my last post. I lost my job, came home for a week (I have been here since last Friday, I leave tomorrow), got a new phone (because my other one DIED, so I correspondingly lost all my phone numbers), and ordered my wedding dress (let me know if you want me to e-mail you a photo)!

I also ran my longest run so far this season: 18 miles! Since I was home last weekend I had to do the run all by myself which I was a little nervous about. It's just hard to keep oneself motivated and going for 3 hours running. But God definitely gave me strength and I had planned a pretty good route and it went really well! The route basically went from our house to the Toledo Zoo all along a fairly scenic road. The night before, my dad and I went out and left water bottles every four miles along the path so that I could have water without having to carry it all on my person. It was great and all the water bottles were still there in the morning.

I also got a haircut and color this week from my mom (she's so kind and always does my hair when I'm home!). It's a little darker with some brown and blonde in it and then we cut it to about shoulder length. I like it!

So I'm heading back to New York tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to get some temporary work to get me through until I move back home in December. I will definitely keep you posted on that.

And here, for your enjoyment, is a great picture that my fiance just sent me. It's him in a full Muslim outfit that was given to him by his students in Indonesia:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the job loss, but I know you always have a plan.Did you get some kind of notice? Wish they could have kept you until Dec. since they knew you were leaving anyway. Stay focused, I know you will make things work!

Love your Wyoming family

P.S. Would love to see your wedding dress













I would love to see a picture of your dress!

noush said...

let's get drinks!!!!