Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Glorious!

As you probable know, living in New York city is - among other things - cramped! When Taylor and I were looking at apartments, we saw a whole range of troubling arrangements, from kitchens that were essentially just a wall of the living room to apartments with just 1 tiny closed to showers in kitchens (ok we didn't really see one of those, but they are fabled far and wide). The apartment we ended up choosing did not have any of these "charming" features. We thought the size and layout were really ideal for our needs.

So yesterday, we got to the apartment. Taylor hadn't seen it in a couple weeks besides some pictures I took. When he walked in, he was like, "This is smaller than I remember." Thud. I was so sad! I expected him to just jump for joy (or Earl, heck, I didn't care...inside joke). I was undeterred though. I kept remarking how we could put this here and that there and how great it would be. We went about our business setting things up. Taylor put up the shower curtain (which was about 6 inches too short for our inexplicably tall tub!) and I put together the bed. I have a queen size bed, and I wasn't really paying attention while I was assembling it until Taylor walked in and was like, "Wow! Look how much space there is besides the bed. This is much bigger than I thought!" Hallelujah! Seriously, though, I am pretty shocked by how much space there is in our room besides the bed. It is really exciting! :)

Now we're thinking about couches, desks, dressers, TVs, shelving, painging, dimmer switches, you name it! I feel so domesticated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new apartment, looks great! I can't believe the living prices there. Enjoy................see you in a few months.

love
Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Geoff

Atletismo343 said...

You're not domesticated until you start rotating the direction that you cut the grass...side to side, front to back, diagonal (x2)!!!