Can you believe it? 25 days until the wedding!!! Taylor and I have been busy with wedding-related activities (and non-wedding-related activities) lately. Here are the highlights.
The past 2 weekends have been very low key. We haven't traveled or really even done a whole lot besides get ready for the wedding and work around the apartment. We ordered a new bed and it was delivered this past Saturday. This is very exciting, since I've been sleeping on a sub-par sleep number bed since college. It's one of those dual air chamber beds which just really doesn't work for 2 people because you are constantly at different elevations!
Taylor pulled a muscle in his leg really bad. I wish he would let me post the photo of the bruise on his leg that's the size of my fully-extended hand, but I guess I understand that he doesn't want close-ups of body parts floating around the blogosphere.
We joined a wiffle ball team this fall and have games every Sunday. They're pretty fun, and we enjoy it even though our team isn't doing so hot (1-2).
We received a Wii as a wedding gift a few weeks ago (Taylor was BESIDE HIMSELF with excitement!) and this weekend we bought a second controller, 2 guitars, and the Guitar Hero game with some wedding money (thanks Uncle Richard and Karen!). So we've been spending time doing that when we probably should be working on getting ready for the wedding, oops!
I placed our order for our rentals for the wedding which isn't entirely exciting but now means that we will have a dance floor, a bar, and various other important components of a celebration of our nuptials.
We have been praying extensively (and seek your accompaniment) for good weather on October 23 and 24th!!! Our wedding is taking place outside and I have so many places I'd like to get wedding pictures taken around NYC, and some nice weather would really help this cause :)
Taylor and I are in a fantasy football league and my team was dealt its first loss this weekend to one Elliot Wong. Well done, Mr. Wong. So my record is now 2-1 and Taylor's is 1-2. However, I expect that he will surpass me purely because he has such utter dedication to the game. To this point, I've won based on luck and the fact that I got the first pick in the draft. But he's constantly watching for good players and adding them to his roster. I can't compete with that!
This coming weekend is Taylor's bachelor party and I am heading home to do some last minute wedding preparation. I'll be trying on my dress one last time (YAY!), getting my hair dyed (lighter, Taylor's request), getting my eyebrows waxed, getting a stress-relief treatment at Taryn's school (for those who don't know, my sister is in beauty school and they offer really cheap services so I'm hitting that up!), and who knows what else!
Well, sorry this post was so random. Lots going on. I'll post again later this week for sure :)
No comments:
Post a Comment