Phase 1, the shortest Phase, lasts for just two weeks and is designed to eliminate cravings for sugar and refined starches - and to jump-start your weight loss. The purpose of Phase 1 is to stabilize blood sugar (which minimizes cravings), making it ideal for people who are prediabetic or diabetic, as well as for those who need to lose a lot of weight.
The focus of this two-week period is on eating plenty of nutrient-dense, fiber-rich (and guaranteed delicious!) foods that satisfy your appetite. Your meals include lean protein, such as fish and other seafood; skinless white-meat poultry, and lean cuts of beef (vegetarians can enjoy meat substitutes, tofu, and beans); high-fiber veggies; reduced-fat cheeses; eggs; low-fat dairy; and healthy, unsaturated fats, such as those found in avocados, nuts and seeds, and extra-virgin olive and canola oils.
To me, it means I have to eat eggs for breakfast, a cheese stick or peppers and hummus for lunch, and another salad or straight-up meat and veggies for dinner. I have not been enjoying the diet, but I have enjoyed the two best outcomes it provides:- Getting rid of sugar cravings! My sweet tooth was out of control until 5 days ago, but I finally feel like I'm getting it under control. That's the irony of this diet. It simultaneously, torturously deprives you of something you love (cupcakes) and helps you learn to live without it. Magic!
- Weight Loss. I have lost 6.2 pounds since I first weighed myself Monday morning. I have weighed myself at the same time and under the same circumstances every day. I think they actually say this is a no-no, but I am truly enjoying seeing the outcome of all this deprivation on a daily basis. In fact, this diet is supposed to last until Sunday the 18th, but Taylor said that I could stop it as soon as I reach my goal weight, even more incentive!
That means I only have 6.4 lbs left! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment