Time has flown by and here we are at tax day, which means we are halfway through April. Wow! Well, I am very excited today because Taylor and I leave for Indonesia and Australia exactly 6 weeks from today!!!
Just in the past few days, we have really started to plan our trip and it is going to be so fun! I tell you what, our honeymoon seems like a million years ago, and I am really itching for some time on away. We'll be stopping in Indonesia for 4 days to visit the village Taylor lived in when he was there.
There's this GORGEOUS little hotel near Taylor's village. The rooms are super cute, they have a fantastic pool overlooking the rice fields and they have a delicious restaurant. We'll stay there any head to Taylor's village each day to visit with the folks there. I am so excited! We'll also spend one night in Surabaya, the second largest city in Indonesia, at the Novotel. Probably one of my favorite hotels in the world, it has a beautiful pool and (again) delicious breakfast.
Also, in case you've ever wondered, the photo of me at the top of my blog was actually taken in Taylor's village. There's a woman there who runs a tiny cafe out of her home. When I say cafe, I really mean that she has a bench outside and sells coffee and rice that she cooks in her kitchen. But don't let the imagery fool you, she makes the most delicious coffee I have ever had, for just $.05 a cup! I can't wait to get back there and drink some!
After a few days in Indonesia we're heading to Melbourne! Our friends Kim and Will are expats in Melbourne and have concocted a fantastic plan that allows us to see Melbourne, Sydney, the Great Ocean Road, Philips Island (where there are evidently penguins in their natural habitat), Mornington Peninsula wine region and even an Aussie Rules "football" game! We are so pumped and the countdown begins today at 42....May 27th cannot come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment