1. Being the only 2 patrons at Ship of Fools at 11am on a Saturday to see Vandy play
2. Frequenting Dan Ross's sweet apartments, preferably with Gosha sitting on the stoop
3. Concocting ridiculous plans for how we will win tough games. Ex: "Ok, if we're down by 10 with 8 minutes left, then we'll totally win" or "Ok, I'll sit here, Taylor, you stand and cheer, Dan, go to the bathroom, Gosha, GET BACK ON THAT STOOP...there, now we can't lose!"
4. Constantly monitoring the AP and ESPN rankings and discussing them at length if they don't reflect the true greatness that is Vanderbilt (they usually don't)
5. Calling our players by silly names
6. Making fun of the tall awkward white guy on our team...oh wait...we DON'T HAVE ANY THIS YEAR!
I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea. It's a generally good time. Yesterday, Taylor and I rang in the new season and watched the first half of Vanderbilt against Nebraska in the Puerto Rico Tip Off Tournament.
Here we are with our cider beers:
Vandy (the black line) pulled it out at the end!:
I promise, this won't become a basketball blog, I just thought I'd share how we like to spend part of our winters in NYC.After a tough loss to West Virginia, Vandy also beat perennial powerhouse (and Taylor's brother and mom's alma mater) North Carolina on Sunday night!

No comments:
Post a Comment