Thursday, December 09, 2010

South Beach Diet = Hungry 24/7

Well, it's day 2 of the diet and I am doing a pretty good job with sugar cravings and going without caffeine. My biggest problem is that I'm always hungry!!! I mean seriously, I'm eating dinner and I feel completely full and then 15 minutes later I'm hungry again. I know this all sounds like self-torture and I've had people ask me why I'm even on a diet, but the truth is that this is good for me because as my husband will tell you, I am a SLAVE to my cravings and I eat at the slightest feeling of hunger. So this is definitely good to build some tolerance. Don't worry, I will not waste away! :) My penchant for margaritas ensures that this will never happen.

Anyway, on to my menu for today:

Breakfast: onion and peppers omelet with tomato juice
Mid-morning snack: celery with Laughing Cow swiss cheese
Lunch: chef salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 2 ham roll-ups with spicy mustard and a little bit of cheese and a handful of almonds
Dinner: rosemary salmon and sauteed asparagus
Desert: Vanilla Ricotta "ice cream"

No comments: