Saturday, February 19, 2011

Life goes on...

The title of this post says it all, in a lot of ways. First, no real update on Grandma Lucyk. She's still hanging on, and as much as we all aren't ready to say goodbye, we want her to go in peace and to be comfortable, so we eagerly await her being welcomed into heaven to meet her husband, who died 17 years ago last month. One nice side effect of this terrible situation is that we've all been going through all Grandma's old photos. Here are some gems:

This is a beautiful photo the grandma got from a man she went on one date with. He went off to the Korean war shortly after that date and had this painted off of her senior photo and sent it back to her.
Shortly thereafter, she met my grandfather, Jerry Lucyk. This is his senior photo with the note he wrote on the back when he gave it to her:

A few years later, he got his wish! Here are some wedding photos. Janet and Jerry Lucyk, 1956
And many years later, their 5 grandchildren:

Great memories :)

As I said, the title of this post is accurate in many ways. Life goes on for me, too. After spending last Saturday - Wednesday in Michigan with family, I'm back in New York.

I'm still pursuing my 30 Before 30 wholeheartedly. While I can't check anything else off the list yet, I've been taking advantage of some much-needed downtime, especially this long President's Day weekend, to do some reading. I'm working on the top 10 novels of all time, and my current book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book and I'm finally getting into it. I hope to finish it this weekend and to start Pride and Prejudice next.

I've also been reading the Bible (one of my goals is to read it all the way through) and planning my attack on the rest of my list!

Taylor and I are also getting geared up for a big vacation we've had planned for a while. We're traveling to Tampa, FL first to visit my grandparents who live in The Villages, near Ocala. After spending a couple days there, we're flying to the Caribbean to the beautiful Island of Curacao for 5 nights. We're in desperate need of a vacation and can't wait for this!

I'll keep you posted on all of our adventures and any developments.

No comments: