Friday, February 11, 2011

We interrupt this quest for awesomeness...

Hey there friends and family. I've already gotten an earful for not crossing things off my list fast enough, so I wanted to make sure I provide an update. Well, this is more of an update for why you won't be getting an update.

This week, my beloved Grandma Lucyk, my dad's mom, had a massive stroke. She has been in the hospital since Wednesday morning and I'm leaving first thing tomorrow to go to Michigan until Wednesday to be with my family and see Grandma.

She was found on Wednesday at 12:30pm after apparently spending more than 12 hours laying on her kitchen floor after having her stroke. We are so proud of her for holding on through all that, and it gives us tons of confidence that she'll pull through this. She has been sedated since she got to the hospital, but they started to wean her off the sedatives this morning and she has responded really well.

Today, Grandma actually responded to the doctors asking her to squeeze their hands and wiggle her toes, hence this lovely little photo collage:

Here's another nice collage that my Aunt Shari made. Doesn't grandma look beautiful! These were taken at a surprise birthday dinner for her that I was unfortunately unable to attend.
She's been making some progress, which is really great, but there's still a lot of uncertainty, so your prayers are much appreciated.

No comments: