He is still doing amazing and we love him to pieces! He's up to 44lbs and still growing! My husband and I always remark that he looks like a little man-dog. He's still little to us, but his face looks so grown up. Here's a picture of Nashville doing one of his favorite things, staring out the window. He looks so big in this picture, I just had to show you! As you can also see, we have snow on the ground here. It turns out that Nashville LOVES the snow! He loves to sniff it, eat it (if we don't see any yellow), and jump in it. He even keeps mom company on her runs, which is good because I lose motivation pretty easily when it's so cold out there!
Over Thanksgiving, I (Carissa) ran a Turkey Trot, and my sister was kind enough to bring Nashville so he could cheer for me. Here's a picture of us at the start line. He made friends with some little girls and their dad, they really liked Nash's name and kept saying "Nashville, sit," it was cute!
At the 3 mile mark of the race, I saw Nashville and my sister on the sideline cheering and decided to take Nashville across the finish line with me, since he's such a good runner. When we got to the finish line, the little girls we met before the race started changing, "Nashville! NASHVILLE!" You better believe he loved that!!
A couple weeks ago, I had to go away for a few days for work. When I'm away, Nashville spends more time in his crate, since typically I'm home all day. He's gotten pretty good with his crate, but he definitely gets a little angsty when he's in there too much. When Taylor came to pick me up at the airport after the trip, I went to get him out of his crate and found that he had torn his leash to pieces!!! Here he is displaying his crime:

A few days ago, Nash had to have a bath, and apparently that made him really comfortable with the tub because the next day, I found him doing this:
There comes a time in every puppy's life when his parents do the right thing and chop off his...well you know where I'm going with this. That day for Nashville came last Wednesday, December 7th, when mommy took Nash to be neutered. He has done a great job recovering, and he seems to be well on his way. One thing he is NOT a fan of is the cone:

Look at that face!
And here's a video of him "learning" to walk with it :)
Finally, we've often said that Nashville would make a great reindeer, with his beautiful coat and long legs. So when I found these reindeer antlers at Target for $1, I couldn't resist.
So here he is, our little man in all his glory, wishing you a Merry Christmas! Remember to travel safe on those roads, whether or not you have puppies in tow!
Thanks again!
Carissa, Taylor and Nashville
P.S. Here's a link to all of our photos of Nash, we update this a lot!
![]() |
| Nashville Pup! |



3 comments:
Thanks for continuing to share Nashville's life with us all. I often help with transport like his and started my volunteer life in my animal shelter this way and its become the best thing I have ever done. BUT its particularly rewarding to get to see the happy ending and how much these dogs, like Nashville are loved! Its obvious he has a wonderful home and a family who adores him and I can assure you it was well worth the few miles I drove to help him find his way home....Carrie Roe
p.s. He's beautiful even with his cone!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing! I can't believe how much he's grown since the transport. I hope his siblings found homes as wonderful as his!
Merry Christmas, Nashville!
You go Nashville, the cone of shame really looks good on you,makes you look even sweeter. As a NBRAN person I just love to follow up on you guys and see how things are going, especially as I had never had Brit/vizsla pups come into rescue before. You take care and be a good puppy!
Post a Comment