Hi all! I'm actually quite sad at how bad I have been about blogging since we moved to Ann Arbor! I guess part of the problem is that life here isn't as interesting to the people I originally thought would read my blog (mom, family) now that we're back living in Michigan. It's already pretty familiar to the people who read this! But, I do have to say that looking back on this blog over the last 5 years, it is a pretty impressive life history that I'm sure I'll REALLY appreciate someday, so until I decide it's an absolutely hopeless endeavor for me to try to keep up with it, I'm going to persevere. Said another way, I have a feeling having kids will be the death of this blog, but we're not there yet so I digress :)
So I think I do have some worthwhile updates now! Let's start with progress on my 30 Before 30!
Read the Bible all the way through in one year
I'm still trucking away at this one and have even added another qualifier to the goal. As I mentioned before, I'm following the read the whole bible in a year plan, and it's going really well, so I'm definitely going to focus on finishing in a year, which means I should be done the day before our third anniversary, October 23, 2012! Yay! Right now, I'm on day 160 and am 42% done with reading. I'm currently reading 1 Kings, Acts, and of course, Psalms and Proverbs.
Go a month without watching TV (IMAGINE how productive I would be!)
Well...imagine no more! This blog is the direct result of the fact that I am halfway through my month without TV...I can't watch TV so might as well blog on a Saturday night, right? So here's the deal. You may or may not know that my husband has a teensy weensy little affinity for TV. Understatement of the year. Taylor loves TV. And I love Taylor. Ergo, I have watched a lot of TV since we got married. There's nothing inherently wrong with TV of course (ok, actually...some shows there is something inherently wrong...I'm looking at you, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant.), but I just thought it would be great to discover a life without it for just a month. So, Taylor is currently on his way back from 2 weeks in Brazil. I thought that with him being out of town for 2 weeks, it would be a great time to start my TV fast. Wrong. I mean...when you're home alone is when you need TV the most! Luckily, I was able to spend a lot of time with my parents over the last 2 weeks, so I wasn't alone that much, but I have definitely been missing the idiot box since coming home from their house Friday morning. Regardless, I'm proud to day that as of this minute, actually, it has been 2 weeks since I have watched TV (and what I watched was Vanderbilt losing to Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament so can you blame me). The real challenge starts tomorrow when Taylor will get home and want to catch up on all our shows and I will be tempted to cave, so wish me luck!! April 17 cannot come soon enough! In the meantime, where did I put that to-do list??
Run a sub-1:50 half marathon and Be able to do 10 pushups
Ok, full disclosure, I have not accomplished these 2 goals, but I HAVE developed concrete plans to accomplish them. First, I purchased 6-weeks of unlimited bootcamp at BCOR Fitness in Ann Arbor on Groupon. I plan to start that May 29 in hopes of being able to do my 10 pushups by my birthday (29, not 30, I still have a year people!). And then I am also planning on doing a lot of running this summer. Taylor will be interning in consulting, so he'll be out of town 4 days a week which leave me plenty of time to get my workout on. Then, I'm shooting for a fall half marathon. My hope is that training in the heat and running in relatively cool weather will go a long way toward helping me break 1:50:00. Extra bonus, hopefully these 2 plans will lead to a better bikini season this summer, when I am planning on spending lots of time out on my parents boat! Here goes nothing!
Travel to Europe
Well, this hasn't happened yet, but the tickets are booked! Taylor and I will be going to Europe May 10 - 26 with stops in Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Warsaw! Extra bonus, I found out that my good friend Susie will be in Paris the same time we are by total coincidence and that my friend Kim's parents will be living in Prague so BAM, potential free lodging! Stay tuned as our plans firm up!
Some items I'm struggling with:
Give a speech
Does anyone have any ideas about how I can go about accomplishing this one? I thought about joining Toastmasters, but my goal isn't necessarily to become a great speaker...when I included it in my list the goal was simply to have this experience under my belt. And I guess I thought the opportunity would magically materialize, but alas, it has not...I don't know how anyone in blogland can even help, but I'm open to ideas!!
Buy myself an expensive piece of jewelry
So...turns out I don't really want to do this! Ha! I mean...I want to own a piece of jewelry, but actually choosing what to buy when I really only want to do this once has proven difficult. My original idea was a David Yurman ring or bracelet. I still like this idea, but I just can't seem to commit. Do...does anyone out there reading have a relatively pricey (I'm not talking like thousands of dollars, even a couple hundred would be expensive to me) piece of jewelry that they just love?
Alright, there you have it, my no-TV blog update. I'm setting a personal goal of updating this twice in April. I know, it's not that much, but baby steps, people! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment