August 7 (when we found out) - October 2
How we found out: We found out using a take-home pregnancy test. It was a little sooner than you would typically take a test, but I was heading down to Nashville for a bachelorette weekend of debauchery (or in my case, no debauchery!) and figured I should probably know before if I had a baby inside me. We were both extremely surprised when we saw the results. Taylor immediately ran out and bought more tests since we had used the only one we had in the house, you know, to be sure :)
Baby: We didn't know baby's gender and I couldn't feel him/her move during the first trimester, so baby was a bit of an enigma. We took to calling baby "Gummi Bear" as a nickname because that's kind of what it looked like on the 8 week ultrasound.
Milestones: Nothing really of note here. Obviously getting past 8 weeks and then the first trimester was exciting because the risk of miscarriage and other issues is less, but I didn't really notice much happening with baby in the first trimester.
Crazy News: I found out in September that not only was I expecting, but the only 2 other members of my team at work were also expecting! One was due in early March and already had her baby and the other is due about 5 weeks after me. Crazy!
Ailments: I was very lucky not to have much sickness in my first trimester of pregnancy. Only once did I really get nauseated and have to run to the bathroom, so that was really nice! I was extremely tired during most of my first trimester, so I got lots of sleep if at all possible!
Cravings: While I wasn't very sick, I did have a frequent stomach ache, which made it hard to eat a lot of foods and almost impossible for me to enjoy a cup of coffee. That probably contributed to the exhaustion but also helped me to wean myself a little and prepare for the limited intake allowed for the rest of pregnancy.
Mood: Key mood descriptors for the first trimester were tired, scared, excited, curious, awestruck, and a little sick.
Activity Level: Despite being very tired during the first trimester, I was ambitious and purchased a one-month unlimited pass to Pure Barre and used it about 15 times in the month of September. I often felt nauseated during the class, but it felt good to stay active and I could definitely see an improvement in my body from the class. I'm hoping to go back to Pure Barre after baby arrives!
Travel: In my belly, Gummi Bear went to:
- Colorado - Estes Park to visit Taylor's parents and celebrate his mom's 60th birthday
- Nashville - for my good friend Candace's Bachelorette party!
- San Francisco - with our friends Kim and Will for the long Labor Day weekend.
- St. Louis - to visit my sister with my mom and celebrate her engagement and tell them about baby!
- Las Vegas - for my good friend Jessi's Bachelorette party!
- Washington DC - for Candace's wedding!
Photos:
| 13 weeks |
| 14 weeks |
| 15 weeks |
No comments:
Post a Comment