Thursday, March 08, 2007

Running in the snow!

I saw someone wearing something on the train today that immediately took me back to my childhood. You know sometimes you see or hear something that reminds you of something you haven't seen or thought of in SO LONG...like Fraggle Rock, Lace trimmed spandex shorts, etc. Well today, it was: Neon cheetah. I TOTALLY used to love that stuff...but when was the last time anyone saw it out in the wild (or on a New York City subway for that matter!).




Exhibit A:


Alright, that was comlpetely unrelated to anything, I just had to share it. This blog is actually about (as you may have gathered from the title) running in the snow. Yesterday, I committed myself to get up after Tuesday night's practice and go for a run. Now, I haven't always been good about going through with this, but I felt pretty good when I woke up yesterday, so I decided to seize the moment, pull on the spandex, and hit the road.

It wasn't until I got to the exit of my building that I realized there was about 1/8" of snow on the ground and it was coming down fairly agressively. Again, I briefly considered giving up and going back. But I realized that I had already completed the two most difficult parts of the morning run ordeal: getting out of the bed and putting on the gross running clothes. With that behind me, I had no right to turn back now! So, I persevered and joined the surprisingly respectable showing of fellow "Hardcorers" out there on a snowy morning in Central Park. I managed to squeeze in 4.93 miles and had a great time doing it. Now if only I could find a way to do that 2 days in a row...

1 comment:

Atletismo343 said...

Just do it.