As in for once I'm not recapping something that happened 2 weeks ago!!
So yes, the post below is about last weekend, when Taylor and I went up to SoNo, CT and enjoyed some time by the water. This weekend, I am at home in Perrysburg visiting my family. I've had a good time so far, but unfortunately, I can't upload my pictures to prove it (I'll do that in New York, when I get back).
I got here late Friday evening and just hung out at home with my family. On Saturday morning, Taryn and I went out ot breakfast at IHOP. Now, I've been away for about 6 years, but I was still surprised by the drastic increase in the number of rednecks in my town!!! I'm not sure if perhaps I just didn't notice them when I was younger, or maybe it's the big city influencing my perceptions, or perhaps the rednecks have finally evolved to the point of purchasing cars (as opposed to tractors) and are now making the trek to the big-city IHOP on a regular basis...regardless, it was shocking.
Anyway, Saturday afternoon I went running with Garett and got my hair done. Then, at night my friend Chris and his girlfriend Kelly came over and played euchre with us. We went bowling at like 10, but when the lanes closed at 11pm (a little early, in my opinion), we came back to my house for some more cards! My dad and Chris taught us girls how to play blackjack, a good thing because I'm going to Vegas in 3 days and need the practice!
Yesterday (Sunday), we went to church and then we drove out to my dad's cousin Nancy and her husband Herc's cottage on Lake Erie. It was supposed to rain all day, but it actually ended up being a nice afternoon and evening by the lake. We went out on their boat and drove across the lake to a little fair taking place in the town nearby. I got a FUNNEL CAKE!! It was awesome. Then we came back and ate dinner and hung out until about 10pm when we headed back to Perrysburg. I got to bed a little early because...
This morning Garett and I ran the Kip Boulis 5K race in Perrysburg. It's an annual Memorial Day race in honor of a local police officer who died in 1980 rescuing two people who were drowning in the Maumee River. They both survived, I believe, but he was killed. Anyway, I've never done the race, but since Garett and I are thinking of doing a half marathon together in October, I thought it would be fun to do a run here. He beat my by like 2 minutes with a time of 22:50 (7:22 miles!) and I was able to make my goal of 8-minutes flat per mile. Sounds slow when you put it next to his time...man! Anyway, I'm just back from breakfast after the race with Garett and my parents. It's a BEAUTIFUL 75 and sunny day (the first so far) so I think I'll cut this short. I think we're going to go to the zoo today and then I may head over to Chris's friends house to play some volleyball and corn hole. Photos to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment