Hey there, so sorry for the delay. I am finally posting about my cousin-in-law Miranda and her friend Marisa's trip to visit me in NYC! We had a GREAT time and did many fun things, so without further ado!
M&M (this is how I will refer to them for simplicity's sake!) arrived last Wednesday night just before midnight after spending almost 3 hours delayed on their plane to get here. Apparently, a catering truck grazed the side of the plane, causing delays while they inspected the damage. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE PEOPLE! Anyway, M&M didn't let this get them down! They were right back at it on Thursday, seeing all the sights they could see!! I think Thursday they saw the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Chinatown, Little Italy, Southstreet Seaport, the Financial District, and probable more! In fact, they did so much exploring that Miranda got a little toasty and needed to...reapply.

Here's a picture of me and Miranda in Little Italy on Thursday night.
Thursday night we also met up with Marisa's cousing who just moved to New York. The four of us went to a bar near where I live that quickly became M&M's favorite in the city: Brother Jimmy's. Here's me, Marisa and her cousin acting weird on the subway on the way to Brother Jimmy's.
Thursday night we also met up with Marisa's cousing who just moved to New York. The four of us went to a bar near where I live that quickly became M&M's favorite in the city: Brother Jimmy's. Here's me, Marisa and her cousin acting weird on the subway on the way to Brother Jimmy's.
On Friday, M&M toured Central Park and midtown where they saw St. Patrick's cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and more. Here's a beautiful view they got of Central Park from "Top of the Rock."
And another one of the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty (way in the back to the right).

Friday night, M, M and I went and saw Legally Blonde, the musical. It was AMAZING!! I can't even describe how good it was except to say that you must see it if you have the chance! I think this picture pretty much sums up our feelings about it:
After Legally Blonde, we faithfully traveled back to Brother Jimmy's for a couple hours before returning to my place to SLEEP!
After Legally Blonde, we faithfully traveled back to Brother Jimmy's for a couple hours before returning to my place to SLEEP!On Saturday, we went to the Empire State building and then down to Soho for some trendy shopping where we saw...DAVID HASSELHOFF. Yep, you're jealous! He was basically just walking down the street the opposite direction of us, so it was nothing too exciting, but it was still kinda cool.
Here are some photos from the Empire State Building.
Can I just point out at this point how amazing Marisa's hair looks in the picture below? I mean seriously, is she even on top of a building!?
On Saturday night, we went to a rooftop party at my friends' apartment. It was a beautiful evening and we had a great time just enjoying the amazing weather.
We went home early Saturday night because we were pooped! Then on Sunday we visited the Museum of Natural History and just did a little more walking around the city before the ladies flew out! Here's one random sight we encountered as we wandered.
No comments:
Post a Comment