Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday (finally!)

Hello there. Well I wanted to blog one last time about Taryn's visit. Yes, I know she left a week ago, I'm sorry for being so slow! Well Sunday was T's last full day in the city, and the for her last day, the forecasted high in New York was 96 degrees!! So, T wisely suggested that we save some of our cool indoor activities for Sunday. She's so smart!

So on Sunday, we woke up and took a nice leisurely walk through Central Park down to 90th St. We then walked over to 90th and Broadway and each got a manicure and a pedicure for $20! Not bad if you ask me. And it was perfect because our feet were pretty gross after spending three days walking around in flip flops in New York. After our little spa treat, we went to the Museum of Natural History and did a quick tour of the highlights of the museum. I get in free through my work, so we didn't feel like we had to spend a ton of time there. After the museum, I FINALLY took Taryn on her first cab ride. We took a cab from the museum over to the Upper East Side to walk around the neighborhood where Carrie Bradshaw supposedly lived in Sex and the City. At this point, were were getting pretty hungry, so we stopped in a deli on Lexington Avenue and got some lunch . It was delicious!

After lunch, we took the bus down to the southeast corner of Central Park. There, we stopped in the apple store on 5th Avenue. By then, Taryn was getting pretty tired of walking (NYC is tiring!!), so we headed back to my apartment to relax for a bit!

After a while at my apartment, T and I decided to go lay out in Riverside park and enjoy the nice day. We laid in the shade and did mad-libs and read magazines for a couple of hours. It was a beautiful late afternoon/evening on the Hudson River. We laid out until almost 8pm. Since we'd eaten such a late lunch, we weren't hungry for a while. When we finally left, we both had to go to the bathroom REALLY bad, so we stopped in Chipotle to use the restroom before heading to dinner at Hudson River Cafe. I had never been to this restaurant, but I've seen it many times. It's a nice restaurant right near the Hudson River without outdoor seating and live music. We had a delicious dinner, including DELICIOUS coconut shrimp skewers before heading home at about 10pm. All and all it was a beautiful day!

Sunday night, we stayed up a little late watching Sex and the City and just hanging out. But then we had to get up REALLY early to catch the bus to the airport. I went with T to the airport on Monday morning. We were both very tired on the way and we may or may not (read: did) have cried when we had to say goodbye in the security line. Oops!! My sis is so sweet, she just didn't want to leave me!

THANKS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND, T!!!

No comments: