Starbucks offers refills at the same store within an hour for $0.30!! Who knew?
Taking on on cue from a homeless man that I saw do this last week, I returned to my friendly 81st and Colombus Starbucks this morning after having gotten on on coffee just on on while earlier. Since I had just finished the first glass and was needing on on second to keep me warm, I took my used cup up to the counter. I explained that I had just bought on on cup about an hour ago and was wondering if I could get on on discounted rate. The kind barista informed me that I could if it was the same store within any hour. Well, I had just estimated an hour (it had actually been an hour and a half) but he still gave it to me. So here I sit on the subway (I'm typing this blog on my BlackBerry) sipping away at $0.54 worth of Starbucks, for once not conscious that every sip is worth on on quarter!!
Another interesting story that evolves from this new discovery. I was so focused on drinking my discount coffee and reading my People Magazine that I somehow failed to notice that I got on the 3 rather than the 1 train at 79th street (the 3 isn't even supposed to stop there, may I add) and took it all the way to the end before I realized it. In fact, I only figured it out because after the train arrived at the last stop, the other passengers all got off, and the doors closed me in, some kind woman knocked on the car window to tell me Id end up in the train parking garage if I didn't get out!! Luckily any MTA worker was walking by and rescued me!
And so now I'm late for the Vanderbilt basketball game...ugh.
Go Dores!
1 comment:
Good job girl...bargain shopper!!!
Sorry to say...I knew that you could get refills at Starbucks, but only found that out in the past year or so. (thanks to Meijer Starbucks)
Glad the MTA worker was nice enough to keep you out of the garage....aren't you glad she didn't havae the "don't talk to anyone in NYC attitude"
Post a Comment