Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Giants Win the Super Bowl!!!!


In case you haven't heard: The Giants Won the Super Bowl on Sunday!!

Not only is this very exciting since Taylor is a fan and I have wholeheartedly adopted the Giants as my NFL team (I even drafted Eli Manning as my quarterback in Fantasy football this year, which should earn me some respect despite my many losses this season, attributable at least in part **ahem** to my quarterback's poor performance...but that's water under the bridge). Eli stepped up in the post-season, proving himself to be much more talented and consistent than we ever dreamed possible.

Of course Eli didn't win the Super Bowl himself. There was the go-ahead touchdown catch by Plaxico Burress, a critical first down to Amani Toomer, some sweet pressure by Tuck, Alford, and Strahan on defense, the Shockey-like performance of Boss, and - probably the greatest football play I've ever seen - the almost-sacked Manning's connection with David Tyree, who caught the ball between his hands and his helmet. What a great game!! Here are a few photos:

2 comments:

Atletismo343 said...

I can't stand Eli Manning.

No thoughts on the commercials?

http://www.lepolt.com/blog/2008/02/04/super-bowl-xxii-general-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

YEAH NY!!! Great pictures and story!! Thanks for the "memories"