Sunday, July 27, 2008

Well hello there!

If you are here because you got my e-mail, WELCOME! I haven't been so great at keeping this up to date because my fiance is leaving the country for 10 months on Wendesday!

Luckily, I have marathon training and wedding planning to keep me busy while he's gone! I'll also look forward to a nice long visit to Indonesia (and Bali!) this winter :)

For now, though, I'm concentrating on training and fundraising for the New York City Marathon.
By way of recap, I started this whole thing back in December of 2006 when I started training for the Country Music Marathon. As part of that experience, I raised $5,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Now, I'm back again as a mentor and helping 13 others through their Team In Training experience. It's been a great training season so far. We joke that we're "Brining Sweaty Back" because of all the 90 degree runs we've had to endure! I'm looking forward to it cooling down a little so we can enjoy the training!

Yesterday, we did the iconic "George Washington Bridge Run." It was VERY hard, but also very fun. We start out on the Manhattan side of the George Washington Bridge and run across the bridge (it's about a mile) and then run along the Hudson River in New Jersey for quite a while. The path along the river in New Jersey is VERY hilly. We did 14 miles yesterday and it was HARD!!!

Well, I hope you will donate to my fundraising for either the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or Back on my Feet. Please take a moment to read about both of these great causes and consider donating!

No comments: