Wow, just last week I was reveling in the cool crisp autumn air and this week we're right back at 90 degrees in the city! Phew! Summer is making a comeback, and I'm not sure I like it. I am totally ready for those nice cool autumn mornings and comfortable afternoons. Well for now I guess I'll enjoy things like having a friend randomly call me to get ice cream (well, Pinkberry actually, you should check it out, it rocks!), which is bound to stop very soon.
So remember that race I was telling you about, the Human Race? We had a lot of fun with that title let me tell you. And seeing 10,000 people in the same shirt was pretty sweet too. The race basically took place on an island, so getting 10,000 people on and off the island was no small feat. They managed to do it, but not without some delays. One of my friends was still in Manhattan waiting for a bus at the time the race was supposed to start. They started it about 30 minutes late, but it was fine because it gave a chance for the sun to go down a bit before we started running. The course was basically two loops so since it was so crowded and we were running pretty slow, the lead runner passed us when we were at about 1.5 miles (it was a 6.2 mile race). Then, at about mile 3 (mile 6 or so for the really fast people!), we came to a foot bridge where traffic came to a HALT. That's right, EVERYONE, even the super fast people who were going for great times, had to stop and maneuver in traffic across this bridge, it was crazy! Some people were PRETTY upset (not us, we were in no hurry!).
So other than that the race was good and we had a great time. After the race, there was a concert by the All American Rejects and then we took a ferry back to Manhattan, which was like a little nighttime cruise in and of itself. All in all a good night!
Yesterday was Labor day, so I started the day with my fantasy football draft and then headed out to the park on the river for some food and cards with friends. We went kayaking in the Hudson too, which was pretty fun! Then I grabbed a beer with those friends and hopped downtown to meet some other friends for drinks and to watch the Vitamin Water commercial...I mean the season premier of Gossip Girl, silly me!
See, I can keep busy without Taylor :) Talk to you all soon!
1 comment:
LABOR DAY!!! Why do people keep getting the two confused?!
Post a Comment