Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Highlights of the past 4 months

Wow, it's hard to believe that it was more than 4 months ago that I left Indonesia! About a year ago, when I decided to leave New York City for a little while, I never imagined that my time at home (call it being a kid again or semi-retirement) would go by so FAST! I mean, don't get me wrong, it feels like the days have just crawled by as I've been waiting for Taylor to come home (11 left!), but still I look back on my time here and can't believe it went by so quickly. Here are some highlights:

Late January - I got back from Indonesia and spent a weekend in Michigan visiting my cousin Miranda. We had a great time shopping, eating Sushi with Suton at Sansu (seriously), and just hanging out!
February 9 - Went up to Michigan to have lunch with my grandma for her birthday. My biggest regret from my time at home is that I didn't go see my grandmas more :(
February 12 - First appointment with the seamstress to have my wedding dress altered!! :) We told her the vision, decided my dress fit perfectly (hopefully the 10 lbs I've lost won't mess that up) and decided on the bustle.
February 14 - Valentine's dinner at church. My mo was my date, but it was a good time :)
February 15 - 20 - Mom was VERY sick and I think all I did was take care of her and flex my ridiculously strong immune system. Go me.
Late February - Mom and dad went to Florida for the weekend and I was very bored :(
March 5 - Second wedding dress fitting! This was the last time I saw my dress when she showed me all the awesome things she'd come up with to make it look JUST PERFECT!
March 5 - 8 - Went to Chicago to visit my friend Tracy and her husband. We hung out and had a great time and went to see the Broadway Musical Chicago.
March 13 - Deposition for my car accident lawsuit that I'm involved in. Got to hear the accusations against me straight from the horse's mouth (the chick who's suing me). Interesting, but also kind of aggravating.
March 13 - 15 - Spring Quiz Off at Miracle Camp. Got to go with my church to the church camp of my youth. I was a "Quizmaster" meaning that I read quizzes to Bible Quizzers all day. It was a great time.
March 30 - First veil appointment. Went up to East Lansing Michigan with my mom, sister and grandma to have my first veil appointment with Summer from Grace Boutique in Old Town. We decided on my wedding veil and grabbed some lunch. It was a good day.
April 9 - Mom's birthday. Went to the seamstress again to pick up her MOB dress. It looked perfect :)
April 10 - 11 - Tracy came to visit me and my mom highlighted her hair. Then, I went up to her inlaws for dinner and hung out with her for the evening.
April 11 - Potluck Easter dinner at my dad's cousin's house in Toledo. Got to hang out with some of my family that I don't get to see very often. I also won Texas Hold 'Em for the first time ever!
April 12 - 15 - Grandma Hooper came to visit and we got to do some shopping and planning for my Bridal Shower. Poor gma was sick though, and I actually caught her sickness and was in bed for the next few days!
April 18 - 20 - Went up North to my aunt Cathy and Uncle Randy's for the weekend. I got to go to my cousin Eric's birthday and to our cabin in East Jordan, MI. We even went out to Traverse City and drove out on the Peninsula in Grand Traverse Bay. I think I found some wine that we are going to serve at the wedding. It's from Peninsula Wine Cellars. They sell a delicious red and white wine called "Old School Red and "Old School White" respectively. They are so named because the tasting room is in an old schoolhouse. They also have a wine called detention, which I love :)
April 24 - 26 - I drove down to Nashville to cheer my friend Susie on in the Country Music Marathon! Had a blast with her and her dad in Music City.
May 10 - 12 - Business trip to NYC for my new job.
May 15 - 17 - Drove to Nashville AGAIN for my friend Brittany's bachelorette party. Good times were had by all :)
May 21 - 25 - Went to Chicago for Taylor's brother's fiance's bachelorette party. I also stayed for the whole weekend to babysit Tracy's dog Bailey. We had a great time and Taylor's sister stayed with me so it was fun to hang out with her.

And now I'm back in Ohio and can't believe that I move to New York City in 5 days! I am going to miss home a lot, but I'm also excited for Taylor to return. So many mixed emotions. I think I'll just focus on packing :)

No comments: