Friday, May 01, 2009

Things they are a changin'

So many updates for you, blog readers (are there any of you even left out there?)! I've had an exciting week so let's get right to it!

First, this week I received and accepted a job offer!! I am officially hired to be a Sales Coordinator with a large Internet company. I find this very ironic since when I named this blog, I used "sales" simply because it is in the song by Fountains of Wayne that I like so much, not because I actually planned to be working in Sales!! I started working for said company on November 3 for a "three to five week" assignment and they just never let me go! And now I have a full time job working in a slightly different capacity starting June 1. The job is in New York City so for everyone who is wondering where Taylor and I will be settling down at least for the foreseeable future, there you have it. New York City! :)

Really, things could not have worked out better and I know God had a hand in it because I definitely couldn't have done it myself. The company that I will be working for really wanted me to move out there to start as soon as possible. But I was really struggling with the idea of leaving home earlier than I had planned and also unsure where I would be able to live during that time. Well, lo and behold, the company through which I am temping has a clause that I have to be a temp for at least 6 months before I can be converted to full time without my new employer having to pay a ridiculous "conversion fee." And because I took off 4 weeks to go visit Taylor, that 6-month period actually ends on Friday, May 29, making me available to start full-time June 1. Just when I was planning to move! Lovely :) And I get to start working in my new role immediately, increasing my hours but still being able to stay at home and take care of wedding plans.

So my current plan is to stay here in Ohio and do many many thing that I need to do between now and May 31. I have several trips planned, a friend's baby shower, and lots of wedding-related things to do. Then, I have a bridal shower (for me) on May 31. On June 1, my mom and I will pack up all my things and head out to NYC! I'll officially report to my office on June 2. Woo hoo! I will probably stay with friends for the first month and then Taylor and I will get an apartment starting July 1. He gets back June 7, and I cannot wait!

Only other update on my end is that Taylor and I registered today to run the New York City Half Marathon on August 16th. Watch out for running related updates!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

You still have blog readers in cyberspace!