Taylor doesn't know this, but every Monday and Thursday between 9am and 11am, he has reason to be very, very afraid. Because it is at that time every day that I receive my semi-weekly Shop It To Me Sale Mail alert (cue the "hallelujahs!"). Obviously a play on the phrase "Sock it to me," this site has given me hours of efficient online shopping enjoyment and a few steals since I signed up in May of 2008. Here's how it works.
You sign up on their web site and enter a variety of preferences about the types of clothing you shop for online. Shop It To Me has relationships with many retailers and access to their sale items. Each week, they send out an e-mail listing all the items that fit your criteria and are on sale. You can link directly from the e-mail (complete with photos and prices) to the retailer's web site (no middle man) to buy the item. You can find anything from American Eagle and Gap to Badgley Mishka and Marc Jacobs (you can tell them the maximum price you're willing to pay for an item and the minimum percent off for it to be included in your e-mail). The result looks something like this:
Here are a few deals I've gotten:
August 2009:
These Citizens of Humanity jeans were 50% off, making them just $79! I found out about them before they sold out because of my Shop It To Me e-mail. They were, of course, available in my size - SITM wouldn't show it to me if they weren't!
Got these sexy shoes on endless.com (another favorite site for its free OVERNIGHT shipping) but found out about them from SITM. Originally $89, got them for half off!

August 2008
I LOVE this shirt from Banana! I think it was originally like $98, but SITM let me know when it was just $39.99 and I bought it!
I think there have been more things purchased off of SITM, over time but I can't remember them all. There you have it though. www.shopittome.com, go there.
No comments:
Post a Comment