Hello there. So I started to blog about Taryn's trip to visit me and it was just SO exciting that I had to stop typing and go to the gym (read: I was sick of typing and we did so much!). So here is a recap of our Saturday in New York City.
So on Saturday we woke up in my new apartment (the one I am moving into August 1) at the nice late hour of 10am. We decided to catch up on some sleep after a LOOOOONG day on Friday. We headed out at about 11:30am to visit the trendy area of Soho. Soho is full of fancy shops and (if you're lucky) famous people. Sadly we didn't see anyone famous, but Taryn and I still had fun touring Soho. After we finished up there, we headed up to Macy's and the 34th st. area of Midtown. We got lunch at Macy's and then went to the biggest Forever 21 store Taryn had ever seen. We each got a shirt and then continued to walk through Manhattan up 5th Avenue to Rockefeller Center. By this point, we were getting pretty tired, so we made a stop in St. Patricks Cathedral where there was a WEDDING going on (while people were still walking through being tourists, it was weird!). Then, we headed back to my apartment to rest. I know this day doesn't have much detail, mostly because we literally spent most of the day just walking around observing the city!
Soon after we got back on Saturday afternoon, we went out to dinner with my roommate and her brother for a little "sibs dinner." We ate at Chipotle and then headed back to get some rest! We were really excited because Saturday night we were going to Times Square!!! We stayed in my apartment until almost 9pm and then caught the bus down to Times Square so Taryn could see all the lights by night. We had a great time walking all over Times Square. We saw the 3-story Toys 'R' Us with the Ferris Wheel inside and many other fun things!!
Then, once we were done with Times Square, we headed down to the West Village for desert. Even though I've lived in New York almost a year, I had never been to Magnolia Bakery, a place famous for their cupcakes. Well, Magnolia is open until 12:30am on Saturday night, so we got there at about 12am and bought four cupcakes (at the incredibly reasonable price of $2 EACH) for desert. I had no trouble finishing my two cupcakes in 1 sitting. Taryn was sane enough to save one of hers for breakfast on Sunday! We headed back to my apartment at around 1 am and watched an episode of Sex and the City before going to bed at about 1:30am!
And with that, I am spent. More on Sunday to come!!
1 comment:
To make a comment on your previous blog about you not thinking you're a good blogger...I find that my favorite bloggers only blog about once or twice a week, and keep the blog rather short and sweet too (only 3-4 paragraphs). Any more than than and I end up feeling like I'm struggling to keep up on my blog stalking. I think yours are good, :-P
Keep it real.
Post a Comment