Friday, May 23, 2008

11 mentees!

I can hardly believe it, right now I have 11 mentees for the New York City Marathon. I'm going to see if I can name them all: Rosa, Lauren, Chris, Tim, Kirsten, Mandi, Sav, Sue, Sara, Rebecca, and Liz. Whew!! That was in no particular order by the way, but I'm proud I was able to do it. These eleven amazing people are doing what I did a year ago, training and fundraising for their first (or in a couple of cases second, third, or even forth!) marathon! I am so honored to be their mentor and will try to introduce you to each of them throughout the season. They are pretty cool!

So it's Memorial Day weekend (ie, the official kick-off of "get-the-heck-out-of-Manhattan" season). It's supposed to be a BEAUTIFUL weekend, and I'm excited to kick it off tomorrow with a run in Central Park! Then, I think Taylor and I are going to check out the Cloisters and just enjoy the weather. Should be a great, relaxing day. I also have to keep working on packing because I'm moving next Saturday!!! Well...I should correct that, Taylor is moving me on Saturday because I will be in Nashville at my friend Tracy's wedding. Taylor will be here supervising the movers we hired to take all my stuff across town to me new neighborhood, the Upper East Side...yeah I know, I can't believe it either! I am excited though because I'm moving in with my friend Kiernan and it should be a blast. Well, I must get some sleep but I'll update you after my run tomorrow!

No comments: