Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This lifestyle is good for my diet...

Well hello there, blog friends, how in the world are you?

I am....tired. Dang! I think I mentioned, but just in case I didn't, I'm MOVING and standing up in a wedding in Nashville this Saturday. Meaning I need to be in two places at once...or very prepared. I'm choosing the prepared option since the other one would likely not work for me. So I have been spending every spare minute at my apartment packing! I hired movers whom Taylor will be supervising on Saturday morning while I get ready for the wedding. So yeah, after we got back from our fun trip to Philly yesterday, I packed until 12:30am, got up, went to work, left work, went to practice (more on that later), and came home to shower and keep packing. Hopefully I'll be in bed by a little after midnight so I can get up, go to work early so I can leave early to come back and finish packing! Whew!

So anyway, back to what you really want to hear about: the PAIN of practice! Well, today was another almost-rainy Tuesday (last week was almost rainy in that it stopped right before practice, but I wasn't there, I was running 7:56 miles downtown!). So as I got out of the subway today at 72nd Street, it is POURING rain. Some random participant saw my Team In Training vest and goes, "We don't run in this do we?" The answer is YES, we DO. But I was most concerned about what to do with my bag of work clothes and electronics that I had brought. Luckily, TNT has bag watch so you can bring stuff with you, but not in the rain. Then I remembered that there's a covered area near where we were meeting so all was not lost. I actually ran in to one of my mentees at the entrance to the park. Lauren looked slightly freaked out at the prospect of running in the rain. I realized, though, that it was actually very bright and would probably clear up. Which it did, minutes later and it became a nice night for a run.

Whew, and what a run it was! Our run consisted of 3 miles of effort (not speed) intervals. We had to run 6 lampposts (about .3 miles) at about 80-85% capacity followed by about .15 miles at a recovery pace. Whew! It was NOT easy. I was hurting, but not until the very end when we returned to our bag did I really start to sweat profusely (it was nasty) and get light-headed when I bent over to stretch. Luckily, we did what any sensible people would do, drug our sweaty selves to the nearest bar for a quick recovery drink. Whew!

Ok, my new goal is to have some pictures to post. I'm sorry I keep forgetting! I promise to take some next week at practice.

Well, I will be out of town this weekend at my friend's wedding in Nashville, so I won't have much to report about practice, though I do plan to do an old favorite run while I'm in Nashville. Should be a good time. And now I sign-off like the late Dr. Bob Cooke of Family radio:

Until I meet you again by way of blog, walk with the King today and be a blessing!

No comments: