Coming to you live from CRAZYland!!
Hey there donors, loyal fans, friends! I type this on my blackberry in Central Park where I have stopped after my measley 8-mile run this morning to see my Team in Training coach run part of his 57 miles today. No, that is not a typo, he is really running 57 miles today as he trains for a 100 mile race on July 19. AND he's doing it the hardest way possible, 41 laps around the northernmost loop in Central Park which includes a hill known widely as Great Hill. It is the biggest hill in the park, and I thought I was hardcore last year when I ran it 3 times during my 18 mile run while training for my first marathon. Yeah, I guess not!! So here we sit, waiting for him to breeze by us at the conclusion of his 29th lap!! He has been running since 5:30am and should be done in the next 1-2 hours. I know, it's a whole other level of nuts!!
On another note, my pathetically short run today went ok. We ran on the west side running path, which is nice and flat but has no shade whatsoever, making for a slightly painful run. It was fun though and I got to hang out with some of my mentees. I even finally took a picture. (COMING SOON). Here we are, starting from top left and going clockwise: Eddie, Chris, Tim, Sabrina, me, Lauren and Rosa.

Looking good guys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment