Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Drags on!

Hello my faithful readers!! A special shout-out to my mentor captain Eric who reads my blog despite how boring it is. I need to do a better job of writing with my reader in mind, so feel free to leave feedback!

Well, I've realized that I'm probably not going to be doing as much running as I should until Taylor leaves, then at that point I hope I'll be running quite a bit! This week, I ran on Monday with my friend Erica who trained for my first marathon with me. I was feeling pretty weak the whole run and decided to take the day off on Tuesday. Of course, I couldn't sit home on Tuesday and do nothing, so I joined my roommate Kiernan for the Philharmonic in the Park. It was a beautiful night, and we sat out in Central Park listening to the New York Philharmonic which was followed by fireworks!

You know, now that I think about it, I had a pretty glamorous New York Summer week! After the philharmonic on Tuesday, I went out for margaritas at Dos Caminos with Taylor and my friends followed by a bottle of wine on our friend Dan's rooftop on Wednesday. Then on Thursday, one of my co-workers hosted a a party on the rooftop of his building. It was a beautiful night, and after the party I went home to join Taylor who was celebrating with his fellow teachers the end of their two years with Teach For America.

Well, it was a glamorous week until today when I stayed at work until 6pm, got a manicure pedicure, walked home and have been here ever since watching Dateline and Law and Order. I know, I'm exciting. Well, we're supposed to run 10-12 miles tomorrow and I haven't run over 7.5 during training, so I figure I need to do everything right before this practice!

Well, this weekend Taylor and I are going down to the Jersey Shore to see a Brad Paisley concert. It should be fun. We're staying at the Empress Hotel so it should be fun! I'll let you know :)

By the way, THANK YOU to all my donors!! Fundraising is going very well!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I am sooo happy for you!!!
You had a fantastic week in NYC...
and TTHHHEEEENNNNNNN...............

Can't wait to read about
"The Rest of the Story!!!"

Your Mama loves YOU!!!