Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New York: hottest city in the world

I know, I know, you wouldn't think NYC would be the hottest place on the planet, but I SWEAR it is!! Or maybe my opinion is swayed by the fact that only my 80 square feet of living space they call a bedroom is the only place in the city where I don't feel like I'm about to implode!! I tell you, with all the pavement and non-central-air-conditioned buildings, the 95 degree highs of the past few days in New York City have felt more like 90,000 degrees! Oh but don't you worry, that didn't stop Team In Training from having practice!

So tonight, after work, I rushed up to Central Park for some cross-training fun in 93 degrees! We started the evening off with a 12-minute run around Central Park, followed by squats, lunges, and other painful activities. Then, we went for another 12-minute run, which was followed by the plank, the side-plank, and some "kick your butt" jumps meant to develop the strength of our stride. Then we ran another12 minutes before stretching and calling it a night!

It was a good, HOT time.

Well, I know I have been promising pictures for some time, so I am about to indulge you in some. I apologize for the delay!!

Tracy and I at her Bachelorette Party!



Jess, Me, and Michelle at the reception!
Enjoy! More to come!!

No comments: