At the bottom of Manhattan (where you see the 5 and 7 on the map), we cut across the city and ran across the Brooklyn Bridge! It was my first time running across the bridge and it was AMAZING!! Not to mention we got to run through the city hall area of New York which is quite an experience.
On our way off of the Brooklyn bridge, we got lost a little bit in Chinatown which actually ended up bring really cool because I haven't mentioned yet that we had about 15 20-something women with fuel belts and looking very intense. Chinatown didn't know what hit it! Luckily, we were able to find out way back to the running path where we ran back up the east side of Manhattan (miles 8 through 10.5). The wind picked up a bit and it was nice and cool.
My FAVORITE part of the run (and this is surprising because the Brooklyn Bridge was pretty awesome) happened when we turned right off of the East side path and and took 23rd Street to Park Avenue (at mile marker 11). The awesome thing about this part of the run was that the mayor has closed off Park Avenue in a program called Summer Streets. Basically, Park Avenue is closed from 9am - 1pm for the next three Saturdays and it was AWESOME! There were so many runners, bikers and families all over the place, it was just awesome.
Here's the elevation chart, just in case anyone cares:
And now here I sit at home after the run. I made myself a DELICIOUS avocado and cheese omelet and I am watching "Say Yes to the Dress" I can't believe this show, everyone's dress budget is like $5,000!!! Ah!! You only wear it for 6 hours! I cannot IMAGINE spending that much on a dress.
I'm not going to do too much wedding talk now. There's plenty of time for that later. Suffice to say I am VERY excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment